Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pray of the Stray


The prayer of a stray
Dear God, please send me somebody who'll care!I'm tired of running, I'm sick with despair,My body is aching, it's so racked with pain,And dear God I pray as I run in the rain

That someone will love me and give me a home,A warm cosy bed I can call my own.My last owner neglected me and chased me awayTo rummage in garbage and live as a stray

But now, God, I'm tired and hungry and coldAnd I'm so afraid that I might never grow oldThey've chased me with sticks and hit me with stonesWhile I run in the streets just looking for bones!I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can

For I have just become another "Victim of Man"I'm wormy, Dear God, and I'm ridden with fleasAnd all that I want is an owner to pleaseIf you find one for me, God, I'll try to be goodI won't run away and I'll do as I shouldI don't think I'll make it too long on my own'Cause I'm getting so weak and I'm so all aloneEach night as I sleep in the bushes I cry'Cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm going to die

And I've got so much love and devotion to giveThat I should be given a new chance to liveSo dear God, please, please answer my prayerAnd send me somebody who will really care.
Pet Adoptions Internatonal

1 comment:

  1. heart touching article. Thanks for the article. . Dog poop bags which are biodegradable, can be used by those dog owners who are conscious about environment.
    Dog waste Poop Bags
    Pet waste Bags
    Dog Poop Bags
    Dog waste Bags

    ReplyDelete